Are you looking for that ‘naughty’ dip to bring to your next potluck? I had this at a party and it is addictive!!! So beware. The original recipe is from Taste of Home 2013 submitted by Mandy Rivers from South Carolina. I wish I took credit for this but it was so good I had to share and give kudos to Mandy. Absolutely delicious.
- 1 pound Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh bay spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8 inch square or 1-1/2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers or bread.
Again I hope you enjoy and give credit to Mandy if sharing this wonderful dish.