So I am home alone for a couple days and ways thinking of going out to eat. Wait!! Why go out when I can make a great restaurant meal without spending the money. Check the fridge, take inventory, get plan….
- Head of cauliflower
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 Cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter/ spray oil a casserole dish (9X13)
- Boil cauliflower in salted water for about 4 minutes until just tender
- Meanwhile, in bowl mix together sour cream, 2/3 cheese, and seasonings
- Drain cauliflower and add to mixture
- Pour cauliflower mixture into casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes
The sauce can easily serve 2-4 chicken breasts but once you have an idea on how to make you can scale down to how much you need. I was making one chicken breast but I will give you the measurements for 2-4 servings.
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil (optional)
- Flour (optional)
- Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup or one medium lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or wine (I use a mixture of both)
- Capers, 2-3 Tablespoons
- Most Piccata recipes will have you dredge the chicken breasts in flour. I am choosing not to do that in this recipe. If you do I always seasoning my flour with at least salt and pepper but never be afraid to add some paprika, thyme or garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet with about 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Seasoning chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown in skillet with butter. Add olive oil if needed.
- Once chicken is done, take out of pan and keep warm (ie. I tent with foil)
- To skillet add lemon juice, broth/wine mix and capers. I use a lot of capers but add the amount you like. Simmer about 5 minutes.
Wilted Salad with Mushrooms
- Salad mix of Spinach, Kale and Swiss Chard
- Mushrooms, quartered
- Green onion, sliced
- Butter/ Olive oil
I was making enough for one so I used 4 med mushrooms and one green onion with a handful of greens.
- I used the same skillet from the chicken piccata but you can use a new skillet if necessary
- Add about 1 Tablespoon butter and a little olive oil over medium heat
- Sauté the green onion and mushrooms, seasoned with salt and pepper, about 3 minutes
- Add greens and sauté until wilted
- Serve immediately
You can serve separately but I placed the wilted salad down on the plate with the chicken breast over top. The Piccata sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Enjoy with a nice white wine!!! I certainly did.