This was my first attempt at making my own recipe…Let me change that. First BAKING recipe. I am always creating new savory dishes but baking and desserts are a different beast. I think it came out pretty good. My only stumbling point was not leaving it in the oven long enough thankfully that was easily remedied. I don’t know what happened as I checked it and it seemed done. This recipe filled the house with a delicious aroma of cinnamon and blueberries. The cake was nice and moist with the nice crunch of the topping. The banana didn’t come out much in taste so next time I will try 2 bananas.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint fresh blueberries (tossed in flour)
1 ripe banana, smashed
1 cup Ricotta
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 8 inch square baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Whisk in egg and vanilla.
- Alternating- mix in dry ingredients and milk.
- Mix in banana
- Fold in blueberries carefully so the batter doesn’t turn blue.
- Pour into greased baking pan.
- Mix ricotta, egg and sugar and layer on top of batter in pan.
- Mix dry topping ingredients and cut in butter until crumbly. Place on top of ricotta layer.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle.
- Cool on wire rack.