Having some left over blueberries and 2 ripe bananas in the kitchen- Muffins for breakfast were calling my name. Baking you just can’t wing it so I started perusing the internet for some ideas. I found this perfect recipe…we even had some flax and coconut oil in the pantry! http://thelemonbowl.com/2013/08/blueberry-banana-flax-muffins-with-coconut-oil.html
The only variations from the original: I used 2 bananas, all purpose flour and I didn’t have any large containers of yogurt so I used 2 individual Greek yogurts with the fruit on the bottom (cherry and peach).
The outcome was a moist flavorful muffin. I felt connected to my Aunt Judy with this recipe as she would love it and the ingredients used.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flax
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)- used dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 greek yogurts (5.3 ounce container)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour through salt)
- In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, bananas, coconut oil, and vanilla
- Stir in the wet mixture into the dry ingredients a little at a time until well moistened Fold in the blueberries
- Pour into 12 greased muffin tins and bake 20-22 minutes
- Let cool a few minutes before removing from tins
Enjoy with your morning coffee. KID APPROVED!!!