Are you looking for something you can prepare before you go to bed and then just pop in the oven for a delicious morning treat? Look no further. This is so easy and one to keep in your arsenal for surprise overnight guests or when you know you will want something ready to cook while you are getting ready.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon)
- Alternate dry ingredients and milk to egg/sugar mixture
- Add the extract
- Stir in the butter and then fold in blueberries
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking pan
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on top
- Cover and chill overnight in fridge
- Next Morning….take out of fridge for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
**Adapted from the Best of the Best from Alaska Cookbook