The first time I heard of BBQ spaghetti was while living in Omaha. I admit…even though it seemed to always be an option at potlucks I just was not interested in trying it. Maybe it was because I love spaghetti so much and it seemed like such an off combination. I am such an adventurous eater you would think I would have at least tried it.
Well, if you know me you know you already know I keep a lot of freshly prepared ingredients in the freezer to make meal time easier. Today I took out some shredded pork we had previously made. I really didn’t want to do a soup or enchiladas so I decided to peruse pinterest. Up came BBQ spaghetti by Spicy Southern Kitchen and I had all the ingredients!
This is a an easy recipe that you can easily adapt to your own. As I already mentioned, I used shredded pork I previously made. If you don’t have any on hand you will use you favorite recipe for shredded pork. The crockpot is my favorite to make shredded pork. The recipe also calls for your favorite BBQ sauce, whether you make it homemade or choose your favorite store brand -the sauce will change the flavor profile. Lastly, you could add bell peppers or any other ingredient you like however this is a nice basic recipe.
If you are looking for something different for dinner- here you go. Thank you Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1 pound BBQ pulled pork
- 2/3 C your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 (8 0unce) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, garnish
- Lightly grease 9 X 13 baking dish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In large bowl combine BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and sour cream- mix well
- Add spaghetti, pork, green onions and toss to combine
- Pour into baking dish, top with cheese, cover with foil.
- Bake 20-30 minutes
- Top with cilantro and top with additional BBQ sauce (optional)